Blackberries and apples are pretty standard autumnal fare but add some nutritious chia seeds and you have a real super food powerhouse of a smoothie.
Chia gives this recipe a smooth as silk feel in the mouth and a omega 3 boost to help the berries antioxidants get exactly where your body needs them. Try a Blackberry Apple And Chia Seed Smoothie today and experience the staggering all day energy boost effects of chia seeds, rich anti oxidants of berries and the added taste and health benefits of apples for their pectin and fibre.
Thick and luxurious and perfect on a summers day with a straw.
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 2 apples, cored
- 2 tbls of chia seeds soaked in half a glass of water
- Mineral water
- Soak your chia seeds in a glass of mineral water for at least one hour prior to using them. Chia seeds must be used soaked and will cause digestive discomfort if not soaked or used properly.
- Wash the blackberries in lukewarm water
- Wash the apples in lukewarm water,try to use organic apples.
- Core and chop the apples into blender friendly pieces
- Add the blackberries and apple to the blender
- Pour the chia seeds into the blender
- Blend for 1 minute and add mineral water to suit taste and consistancy
- Pour into a glass and garnish with blackberries and banana slices