Oranges are one of the most popular and widely grown fruits on the plant, team them up with fabulously fragrant Basil for a tasty and restorative juice drink.
So what is it that makes this juice so great? Just one Orange contains all of your RDA of Vitamin C, it’s a great source of fiber, it’s high in folate, calcium and vitamin B6, add in the beneficial oils that are found in Basil and your getting anti bacterial and anti inflammatory benefits too. Basil is also a great source of beta carotene.
Orange and Basil juice might just be the juice combination you’ve been searching for.
- 4 large Oranges
- 1 Small handful of Basil leaves
- Wash your oranges
- Cut the Oranges into segments, just big enough to go into your juicer. If your using a juicer with a large chute you can put them in whole
- Put half of the Oranges into the juicer
- Add all of your Basil
- Juice the rest of the Oranges so that the Basil is pushed through the machine
- Pour into a glass, add some Ice and enjoy. You can also add water to thin the juice to the desired level